Support the Amy Gillett Foundation – Create a fundraising when you enter and win!
Everyone has the right to ride in safety for work, sport or play.
We encourage all Big Canberra Bike Ride participants to help us achieve our aim of creating a safer cycling environment in the ACT and nationally by fundraising for the Amy Gillett Foundation.
The Amy Gillett Foundation is a charity with one purpose - reducing the incidence of death and injury of bike riders. The Foundation was born out of tragedy, the death of Amy Gillett, who was hit and killed by an out-of-control motorists whilst cycling with her national teammates in Germany.
Since the Foundation's inception it has been a catalyst for change, focused on what should be rather than what was:
AGF's mission: safe cycling in Australia
AGF's vision: zero bike rider fatalities
Learn how your fundraising efforts will make a difference in achieving this mission and vision
The AGF is the only active cycling charity in Australia with Deductible Gift Recipient status meaning that all donations over $2 are tax deductible. The AGF receives only a small portion of event proceeds so your donations and fundraising efforts are vital!
Fundraise and win
We value your fundraising efforts and want to reward you when you reach significant milestones.
$250 Amy Gillett Foundation Jersey
$500 Amy Gillett Foundation Bib-Knicks
$7500 A place on the Amy Gillett Foundation 2017 Share the Road Tour
Start fundraising today
Follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to GoFundraise (click on 'Log into my account' on the menu bar)
2. Click the 'Create a Fundraising Page' button to get started
3. Invite your friends and family to support you via the Facebook and Twitter integration tools
Any donations made when you registered will show up on your fundraising page.
Ideas to get your fundraising underway
· Invite friends and family to support your team via the Facebook and Twitter integration tools
Donate the value of one coffee per week between now and the event.
· Ask your friends and family to support you by donating any amount – it all adds up
· Host a cycling themed night and gather your mates to support your efforts
· Sell unwanted items on BikeExchange, eBay or Gumtree and donate the proceeds